Hi, everyone! As we head into the start of a new year, many of us have committed to eating healthier and eating more “whole” foods, in general, which is an amazing goal. I’m right there with you all! During the holidays it’s so easy to fall off the clean-eating band wagon and it’s even harder to get back on the band wagon when healthy food is considered to taste pretty awful, for the most part. However, I’m here to help change that misconception! Although, I will admit that changing over to a completely healthy diet does take some getting used to…. It really helps to find recipes that you’re more likely to like. For example, you can strive to make a healthier version of your favorite foods.
Alternately, one of the easiest ways to meet your fruit and veggie requirement for the day (or to simply get any amount of fruits and veggies every day) is to make a smoothie where you can blend a variety of ingredients together and have it in a ready to go container to take with you on the go or to drink in one sitting. Smoothies are great as an easy breakfast, an afternoon pick-me-up, and they’re also amazing after a workout!
I know what you’re thinking, though…. Green smoothies are something you just have to force down and get it over with, right? Maybe “convince” yourself you’ll learn to like it? I feel ya… Really, I do, because I thought the same thing. I went out and bought myself a Nutri-Bullet blender a few years ago because my regular blender was really hopeless, made too much, and was a pain to clean. The Nutri-Bullet is an amazing invention because you make single servings that are ready to go. On top of that, you’re literally blending all of the fruit and veggies that you put into it and don’t lose the fiber and other nutrients that you would otherwise lose when using a traditional juicer.
So, the basic concept with the Nutri-bullet smoothie is to fill the cup with half greens and half fruit. You decide the greens and fruit you want to include. You also fill it with your chosen liquid (water, almond milk, coconut milk, hemp milk, coconut water, etc.). Lastly, to get even more out of your smoothie, you can add in booster ingredients such as hemp seeds, flax seeds, chia seeds, nuts, coconut oil, blended greens mix, maca powder (the possibilities are seemingly endless).
After trying mixture after mixture, I’ve done all the suffering for you, lol. I forced down many a disgusting combination, believe me. What sounds good in theory, doesn’t always turn out as good in reality…..and vice versa. BUT, I’ve finally found the most amazing blend and some tips/tricks that make the ultimate smoothie that I literally crave every single day. I actually enjoy every second of drinking this smoothie blend and I never get tired of it.
Below I will list what I put in my smoothie, but as I stated earlier, you’re free to change up the greens and fruit that you’d like to include. The game-changer is adding copious amounts of cinnamon to offset the sharp aftertaste of the greens and to add a teaspoon of coconut oil to make the smoothie ultra creamy. Also, adding in the coconut oil helps your body metabolize the fructose (sugar) in the fruit in a slower, more manageable way. Lastly, adding vanilla-flavored sugar-free almond milk, coconut milk, or hemp milk will make the smoothie even more delicious.
- Fill half the Nutri-bullet cup with spring mix & spinach (or other greens)
- Fill the other half with 1 diced banana, 3-4 strawberries, and blueberries (or other fruit) I also prefer frozen fruit
- 1 teaspoon of //ws-na.amazon-adsystem.com/widgets/q?ServiceVersion=20070822&OneJS=1&Operation=GetAdHtml&MarketPlace=US&source=ac&ref=qf_sp_asin_til&ad_type=product_link&tracking_id=completenat03-20&marketplace=amazon®ion=US&placement=B00CPZPYLS&asins=B00CPZPYLS&linkId=00785ada311e1918a6f6aa110ca68b99&show_border=false&link_opens_in_new_window=false&price_color=333333&title_color=0066c0&bg_color=ffffff” target=”_blank”>unrefined coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of raw honey (optional)
- i tablespoon of PB2 mix
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon or more, depending on preference
- Fill the full cup a 1/4 of the way with //ws-na.amazon-adsystem.com/widgets/q?ServiceVersion=20070822&OneJS=1&Operation=GetAdHtml&MarketPlace=US&source=ac&ref=qf_sp_asin_til&ad_type=product_link&tracking_id=completenat03-20&marketplace=amazon®ion=US&placement=B000LL0R8I&asins=B000LL0R8I&linkId=de18f180693a44a2b40d70abdbf5b2de&show_border=false&link_opens_in_new_window=false&price_color=333333&title_color=0066c0&bg_color=ffffff” target=”_blank”>Coconut water (no sugar added)
- Fill the rest of the cup up to the max line with unsweetened. vanilla coconut milk/almond milk
- 1 drop Doterra Lime Essential Oil (optional)
- You can also add protein powder of your choice (optional)
- You can also add a mixed greens powdered supplement for an extra dose of greens, but this will alter the taste, so experiment with this by starting with small amounts
This is the basic recipe. A friend of mine told me about the magical amazingness of the addition of cinnamon and I’ve gone from there. Cinnamon really does make a world of difference….
Please give this recipe a try, especially if you’re convinced green smoothies can never taste good. Or, if you simply want to revamp your smoothie routine.
Lastly, you can always opt to make this mixture in a regular blender. I am in no way affiliated with Nutri-bullet, I just happen to feel that it’s the easiest way to make a smoothie, so I stick with it. If you’re making it in a regular blender, use the same formula, but play around with measurements depending on how many servings you’re making.
Eating more greens and fruit helps strengthen our immune systems, helps provide fuel for our bodies, helps to keep us energized and focused. And it is a great way to add nutrients and electrolytes back into your body after a sweaty workout or a long day! Coconut water is nature’s gatorade…minus the high fructose corn syrup, food dyes and sugar content found in gatorade.
Please let me know if you give this recipe a try! I’d love to hear your feedback!
Have a beautiful, peaceful day!
Follow me on Instagram: @completenaturalclarity
Follow me on Pinterest: @NaturalClarity
For Business inquiries, please contact me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
If it is your first time purchasing from Vitacost.com, you can get $10 off your first order by using my referral link: Vitacost.com
***I am a Wellness Advocate for Doterra, so if you have any questions about becoming a member or learning more about essential oils in general, please don’t hesitate to email me: email@example.com***
***All products mentioned in this post were purchased by me with my own money. All opinions are my own.***